Stampin Up Bird Banter Birthday Card
Hello Inkredible Friends!
The birds are chirping away and this colorful bird from the Stampin' Up Bird Banter stamp set is perfect for a birthday card! Kids of all ages will enjoy the vibrant colors. This card also provides opportunity for a variety of coloring techniques--you could use the Stampin' Blends, Blender pens, water color (if you use water color paper), or colored pencils.
GET READY!!! The retired product list for the 2018 Occasions and 2017-2018 annual catalogs has been released. Click here to view the retiring products.These retiring products will only be available through May 31st or while supplies last. Stock up NOW on retiring 2016-2018 In Color products (ink pads, ink refills, cardstock, markers, and coordinating accessories). The retiring products often sell out VERY quickly and some will likely sell out within a few days so I encourage you to place your order right away so you don't miss out on products you really want to have. Shop Now
If you place an order at Stampin' Up use host code TFBF9GEZ at checkout. All orders using this code from now until 4/30/2018 will be entered into a drawing for free products of your choosing up to a $25 value.
- Stamp Set: Bird Banter Item 145852
- Card Stock: Night of Navy Item 100867; Lemon Lime Twist Item 144245; Whisper White Item 100730
- Designer Paper: Use a coordinating paper
- Inks: Memento Black Item 132708, Night of Navy Item 126970; Real Red Item 126949; Daffodil Delight Item 126944
- Punch: Triple Banner Item 138292
- Embossing Folder: Petal Burst Item 141493
- Layering Ovals Framelits Item 141706
- Dimensionals Item 104430
- Snail Adhesive Item 104332
- Enamel Shapes Regal Item 141681
Bird Banter Birthday Card Instructions
1) Cut card base Night of Navy 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 Score at 4 1/4
Cut Lemon Lime Twist Layer 5 1/4 X 4
Cut Banner out of DSP 2 X 5 then punch with the triple banner punch
2) On a scrap piece of whisper white stamp the bird in memento black ink. Then using Stampin' Blends Markers, Blender Pens, or Colored pencils-Color the bird. In my sample I used Daffodil Delight, Real Red, and Night of Navy and colored with Stampin' Blend Markers.
3) I used a layering oval framelit to cut a window out of the DSP banner and then adhered my bird behind the banner to show through that open window.
4) I ran my lemon-lime layer through the petal burst embossing folder and adhered that to the night of navy card base. Then I attached the banner to the lemon-lime panel.
5) I used a scrap piece of whisper white to stamp my sentiment in night of navy ink on a piece that measured 3/4 X 2 1/2 and then banner punched one end.
6) I used dimensionals on the back of the sentiment to attach to the banner and card where I wanted it.
7) I added two circle embellishments from the Regal enamel shapes to add a little color and dimension to the card.
Try different color combinations on your bird and share your images with us in the comments or on our facebook page.