Split Panel Card for Beginners
Hello Inkredible Friends!
Only 4 more days until the new catalog releases but in the meantime you have the ability to pre-order from the 'Share What You Love' bundles. Today's card is a split panel card for beginners and experienced card makers alike. The split panel card features some of the gorgeous designer paper in the product suite as well as some of the stamps from the 'Love What You Do' stamp set.
Don't forget, when you place an order use the current host code on the store checkout screen (which is VGGZHMRW through 6/2/18). All orders using this code will be entered into a drawing for a free gift. Yay! You get a chance to win free stuff!
Split Panel Card for Beginners Supply List
Stamp Set: Love What You Do Item 149525 (bundled with Designer paper and cardstock pack)
Cardstock: Whisper White Item 100730 and Rich Razzleberry Item 115316
Designer Series Paper Share What You Love
Ink: Rich Razzleberry Item 147091 and Stazon Black Ink Item 101406
Adhesive: Snail Item 104332
Split Panel Card for Beginners Tutorial
1) Cut Rich Razzleberry card base 4 1/4 X 11 score at 5 1/2
2) Place the 5 1/2 inch score line at the 2 inch mark on your stampin' up trimmer and cut. Fold the small flap down (the folded flap is the front of the card.
3) Use the piece you just cut off and cut a strip out of it that measures 2 X 4 1/4
4) Out of Rich Razzleberry cardstock cut a 3 1/4 X 2 strip
5) Whisper White Cardstock cut 1 panel 4 X 5 1/4 (this is for the inside of your card); and 1 panel 3 X 1 3/4.
6) Cut 2 pieces out of the 'Share What You Love' designer paper that measure 4 X 1 3/4
7) Adhere 1 of the designer papers 4 X 1 3/4 to the folded down segment of your card base. Adhere the other designer panel to the 2 X 4 1/4 rich razzleberry panel.
8) On the 3 X 1 3/4 Whisper White panel stamp the floral image in Staz-On black ink. Use the corresponding watermark image over the flowers using Rich Razzleberry (Tip: Stamp the image once or twice on scrap paper after inking it before you stamp the 2nd or 3rd time over the flower image otherwise the ink is too dark). Repeat these steps until you are done with the flowers. You can repeat this step on the lower left corner of the whisper white panel (4 X 5 1/4) that will be placed on the inside of your card.
9) Adhere the 3 X 1 3/4 Whisper white panel to the 3 1/4 X 2 Rich Razzleberry panel. Place a strip of adhesive on the back of this panel--one at the top and one at the bottom.
10) On the Rich Razzleberry piece that measures 2 X 4 1/4 place it at the bottom of the card matching the bottom edge and sides. Then carefully place the stamped panel where you'd like it on the front of your card and press down so that the top of the panel is sticking to the folded down edge and the bottom is sticking to the strip at the bottom you just placed to match edges. Now this panel is connected 'as one' to form the full front of your card.
11) Adhere the large whisper white panel on the inside of your card. Stamp your greeting in Stazon Black ink so that it shows through the space between the split panels.
This card is quick and easy but looks more involved than it really is. You will WOW your recipient with this card and you're going to want to try this with many of the new designer papers that are coming out.
Until next time, have an Inkredible day!