Masculine Card Idea 2018
Hello Inkredible Friends!
Father's day is just around the corner so today I wanted to share a masculine card idea with you. You can certainly alter this card to fit different occasions for all the men in your life. This card reminds me of my grandfather, as well as another man who was like-a-grandfather to me. They both loved to be outdoors, had large gardens and fields to tend to, were hard workers, and at the end of the day they loved to sit outdoors sipping on a glass of iced tea.
Today's card features the Heartland stamp set. I love how this set provides inspiration and ideas for a number of great masculine card projects. I have the supply list and tutorial below but before we get to that I want to remind you of a couple of things.
1) If you make a purchase in my online store that is less than $150 be sure and use the current host code (JZKDKC37) at checkout. If your order total (prior to shipping & taxes) is over $150 don't use the host code so that you can take advantage of your Stampin Rewards. Either way, you will be entered into a drawing to win a free gift. In addition to that anyone who places a $50 or more (prior to shipping & taxes) will receive some special free product.
2) The 'Share What You Love' Early release bundles are on sale now through May 31, 2018. There are some specials in these bundles that will not be available once the new catalog releases on June 1, 2018 so be sure and grab these while you can. Head on over to the shop to order now.
Masculine Card Idea Supply List
Stamp Set: Heartland Item 143892 Sentiment from: Dad Jokes Item 145935
Card Stock: Old Olive Item 100702; Whisper White Item 100730
Designer Paper: Wood Textures Item 144177
Ink: Old Olive Item 126953; So Saffron Item 126957; Memento Black Ink Item 132708 Black Watercolor pencil Item 141709
Framelit: Stitched Shapes Item 145372; Seasonal Layers Item 143751
Punch: Triple banner punch Item 138292
Misc: Dimensionals Item 104430; Snail Adhesive Item 104332; blender pens Item 102845; Brights Enamel Shapes Item 141680
Masculine Card Tutorial
1) Cut Old Olive card base 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 Score at 4 1/4; Cut (2) Whisper White panels 5 1/4 X 4 (one of these panels will be for the card interior), Cut a wood grain paper from the wood textures stack at 5 1/8 X 3 7/8 and another piece 3/4 x 4. You will also need some scrap whisper white to cut your chairs out and stamp and punch the sentiment.
2) Adhere the larger wood texture paper in the center of one of the 5 1/4 X 4 whisper white panels.
3) On the same panel you created in step 2, take the second largest circle from the stitched shapes framelit and place it in the center about 3/8 down from the top of the panel and run it through the big shot. Save the wood grain circle for another project. Using your scrap whisper white piece run the chair and the drink from the seasonal layers framelits through the big shot to get 2 chairs and 1 drink. I colored my drink in with so saffron or flirty flamingo to look like lemonade.
4) Stamp the image using memento black ink onto the white stitched circle. Use the black watercolor pencil to color in the tractor tires. Use a blender pen and old olive ink to color the tractor body and seat, use so saffron to color the dog. You can also use old olive and blender pen to color some of the grass.
5) Attach dimensionals to the back of the panel and adhere it in the center of the old olive card base. Then put snail on the back of the whisper white stitched circle and lay it down in the center of the cut out circle.
6) Apply snail or glue to the back of your chairs and place them toward the bottom of your card front with the drink in between the two chairs.
7) I used a fine tip glue pen to apply to the drink...when dry this gives it a bit of a shine.
8) Cut a strip of whisper white at , stamp your sentiment in old olive and baner punch both ends. Use dimensionals to place the sentiment on your card front.
9) Place two old olive enamel shapes toward the top left of the stamped image to complete the look of the card.
10) Adhere a strip of wood grain paper to the bottom of the inside whisper white panel measuring 3/4 X 4. Stamp greeting on the inside panel and then adhere.
Tell me in the comments below...where is your favorite spot to relax after a long day?
Until next time, have an inkredible day!