Make it Quick! Watercolor Block Stamping Technique
Hello Inkredible Friends!
In today's 'Make it quick' series I am sharing a watercolor block stamping technique; this card is surprisingly fast and fun to make. The possibilities with this technique are endless! I'm not kidding when I tell you that you can make this card in five minutes!! This card features the Just Add Text stamp set from the Stampin' Up annual catalog.
The supply list and instructions are below as well as a video tutorial.
- You will need three ink colors...it is easiest to use the brush tip end of a Stampin' Up marker but you could also use your Stampin' Spot ink pads or the regular Stampin' Up ink pads. In my demo I used a Lemon Lime Twist stamp pad, Strawberry Slush marker (retired color) and Pool Party marker.
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Item 132708
- Stamp Set: Just Add Text Item 143931 (Wood Mount) or Item 143934 (clear)
- Card Stock: Bermuda Bay Item 131197; Shimmery White 101910
- Designer Series Paper: Picture Perfect Party Item 145559 (Occasions Catalog)
- Bakers Twine: I used Bermuda Bay (retired item) but if you don't have that you could use Whisper White Item 124262
- Stampin' Spritzers Item 126185
- Glue Dots Item 103683
- Dimensionals Item 104430
- Clear Block Size D
Watercolor Block Technique Tutorial
1- Cut your card stock:
Bermuda Bay Base 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 Scored at 4 1/4
Designer Series Paper Cut at 5 1/4 X 4
Shimmering White Cut at 4 1/4 X 3
2-I rubbed Lemon Lime Twist Ink pad over the bottom portion of my block. Then I used Pool Party marker and colored in the middle section. Last, I used Strawberry Slush marker to color the top portion of the block.
3- Take your Spritzer filled with water and spritz the block a few times until you see the ink bubble and spread a bit.
4- Lay the block down onto the shimmering white card stock and let the colors absorb in to the paper for a 15-30 seconds. Let this piece dry a moment.
5- While you are letting your center piece dry attach the designer paper to the card base and cut a piece of cardstock 5 1/4 X 4 for the inside panel and adhere that.
6- In Memento Black ink, ink up the stamp and stamp where you want it on top of the water color background.
7-Wrap your twine three times around the lower portion of the center panel wherever you would like and use glue dots to secure to the back of the card base. I also tied a small bow and attached that with glue dots to the front of the card.
8-Add dimensionals on the back and adhere the panel to the card base.
Who are you going to send this lovely card to? Let me know in the comments and share the image of your card with us!