Make a Birthday Card: Tri-Fold
Hello Inkredible Friends!
I love the festive designer paper in the Picture Perfect Party set and I'm excited to show you how to make this tri-fold birthday card. Do you remember as a child, or maybe even at your own child's birthday party, blowing the streamers, making all the noise, and falling in love with the party themes? This card kinda takes you back to those fun memories! See below for the video tutorial, supply list, and written instructions.
You're gonna want to grab this designer paper and the Picture Perfect Stamp set quick---it's only available while supplies last or until May 31, 2018. Don't forget to use host code JZKDKC37 at checkout. All orders using this code from now through 5/20/2018 will be entered into a drawing for a free gift. Yay! You get a chance to win free stuff!
If you do not have a Stampin' Up demonstrator I would love to earn your business! If you need the new catalog message me and I will be sure to get one mailed out to you.
Stamp Set: Picture Perfect Item 145519
Cardstock: Lemon Lime Twist Item 144245 and Whisper White Item 100730
Designer Paper: Picture Perfect Party Item 145559
Ink: Lemon Lime Twist Item 144086
Framelits: Stitched Shapes Item 145372
Misc.: Dimensionals Item 104430; Lemon Lime Twist Ribbon Item 144135, 1/8" circle punch Item 134365
Tri-Fold Birthday card Tutorial
1) Cut all of your paper pieces:
Lemon Lime Twist 10 3/4 X 5 1/2 Score on the long side at 3 3/4" and 7"
Whisper White 3 1/2 X 5 1/4; you will also need a scrap piece
Designer Paper cut the piece you want showing on the outside of your card at 3 1/2 X 5 1/4; cut the inside panel to be 3 X 5 1/4 and then cut a small strip 1/2 x 5 1/4
2) Adhere the 1/2 X 5 1/4 strip on the side of the whisper white panel
3) On the card base you want to fold your first score line back (this is the 3 3/4 score line)--you want to fold it toward the back so that the flap goes toward the back of the card base. Then, fold the second score line (the 7" mark) forward like you are closing a book.
4) Adhere the whisper white panel to that last card section you folded with the designer paper strip showing on the right side of the panel.
5) Stamp the inside sentiment on that whisper white panel in lemon lime twist ink. Go ahead and stamp the sentiment for your card front in the same color on a scrap piece of whisper white.
6) Attach the smaller designer paper panel to the middle section of your card (3 x 5 1/4) and then attach the larger paper (3 1/2 X 5 1/4) to the front panel of your card.
7) Using the circle punch, punch a hole on the middle outside edge of the front panel about 1/4" in; you don't want it too close to the edge but you don't want it too far in either.
8) Take about 22" of lemon lime twist ribbon and pull about half of it through the hole. You want the ribbon to wrap around the back of the card, and meet the front on the right side of the card. Tie a bow.
What a lovely handmade gift you've made! Tell me in the comments below who you plan to send this card to.
Have an Inkredible Day!