How to Make a Ribbon Awareness Card: Remembering My Mother
Hello Inkredible Friends!
Today, I am remembering my Mother and I want to share with you how to make a Ribbon of Courage Card. We all know someone who is fighting a disease or some form of cancer and if you've ever been around someone in that position you understand the power and support that a card can bring.
My mother passed away one year ago and while she battled several illnesses the prominent and long-term one was Alzheimer's. It's a terrible disease and runs in our family so patient and caregiver support, public awareness, and research are all very dear and important to me.
In memory of my mother, I will be making a donation to my local Alzheimer's Association Chapter. For any orders placed in my online Stampin' Up store from 3/30/18 thru 4/07/18 I will donate 15% of the sales total. Don't forget--you also have through 3/31/18 to take advantage of Sale-A-Bration sale where you can earn free product for every $50 spent. View the Sale-A-Bration Items you can earn here. For anyone who JOINS MY TEAM from 3/29/18 thru 4/7/18 I will donate an additional $25 to the Alzheimer's Association. I welcome new team members at ANY time but there are extra perks if you join before 3/31/18 11:59 p.m. EST. To read more about those perks you can go here.
If you place an order at Stampin' Up use Host Code YZH2ZCKH at checkout. All orders using this code from now until 3/31/2018 will be entered into a drawing for free products of your choosing up to a $25 value.
Stamp Set: Ribbon of Courage Item 143855 or BUNDLE & get the matching framelits Item
Flourishing Phrases Item 141534
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant Item 105126; Whisper White Item 100730
Ink: Perfect Plum Item 126963
Framelits: Support Ribbon Item 143749 (or Bundle with Stamp set)
Large Letters Framelits Item 141712
Ribbon Awareness Ribbon Card Tutorial
1) Cut Cardstock--Elegant Eggplant card base 6 3/4 X 9 1/4 score at 4 9/16 (or just fold in half on the 9 1/4 side) :)
Cut Elegant Eggplant layer 5 1/2 X 4 1/4
Cut Whisper White Panels- one at 6 1/2 X 4 7/16 and the other at 5 1/4 X 4; you will also need enough whisper white paper to cut out your letters (I cut 4 of each letter) and for your stamped ribbon
2) On the larger whisper white panel use the flourish stamp from Flourishing phrases ink in perfect plum and stamp off on a scrap piece of paper and then stamp around the edges of your whisper white panel. Center and adhere to the card base.
3) Take the smaller whisper white panel 5 1/4 X 4 and adhere it to the 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 elegant eggplant panel then center and adhere that to the card base.
4) Cut out all of your letters. I cut out 4 of each in whisper white but you could use thick white cardstock instead and cut out 2 or 3. Glue them together.
5) Stamp your ribbon image on a scrap piece of whisper white and use the coordinating framelit to cut it out. I also used the small heart framelit to cut out of the ribbon at the same time. I hung the ribbon through the left side of the letter 'h' and secured in the back with mini dimensional.
6) Place your letters on the card front where you want them and then attach them with mini dimensionals.
7) Stamp sentiment on the card front if you would like.
This is a great card for a patient or a caregiver. PLEASE, don't forget that caregivers need tons of love and support or well! If you need the chart for the proper ribbon colors check out this link