How to Make a Christmas Card
Hello Inkredible Friends!
It’s time to get started on those Christmas cards (despite the fact that it’s October and still in the 90’s!) and today I’m going to show you how to make a Christmas card that can be made quickly.
The greeting card that I’m sharing with you today features the ‘So Santa’ stamp set by Stampin’ Up! I love that this set has several images and sentiments because that means I can keep the same card design but change out the rest to tailor the card for specific friends and family in mind.
I’ve got a step by step video tutorial for today’s card that you can follow and since tomorrow is World Card Making Day I challenge you to take the opportunity to make some cards this weekend. Get started on that Christmas Card list so that you won’t be stressed and rushed when the holiday festivities start!!
If you need a copy of the holiday catalog contact me. You can click on any of the images below to order products through my online store.
How to Make a Christmas Card: So Santa Stamp Set Measurements:
Gray Granite: Card Base 5 1/2 X 8 1/2” Scored at 4 1/4”
Cut one layer 5 3/8” X 4 1/8”
Cut one layer 2 1/4” X 3 1/4”
Whisper White: Cut inside panel 5 1/4” X 4”
Cut one layer 2” X 3”
Cut one 5/8” X 2 1/4”
Designer or Scrapbook Paper (I used Festive Farmhouse) cut 5 different patterns 1” X 4”
1) Start by adhering the 1” X 4” paper panels onto the card base centering them and spacing them out evenly.
2) On the inside card (5 1/4” x 4”) panel stamp the sentiment and holly leaves where desired in Old Olive ink.
3) On the 5/8” x 2 1/4” stamp the sentiment that you want for the front of the card in Cherry Cobbler ink.
4) On the 2” X 3” stamp the image in memento black ink and then use the Stampin’ Blends (alcohol markers) or your favorite coloring tool to color the image. Adhere this to the Gray Granite 2 1/4” x 3 1/4” layer and place on the front of the card base with dimensionals on the back.
5) Adhere the sentiment to toward the bottom of the image panel.
6) Add sequins, buttons, twine or embellishment to the front of the card where desired.