Handmade Birthday Card for Teen Girl
Hello Inkredible Friends!
I have several pre-teen and teen girls in my life who I love to make handmade cards for on a regular basis. Sometimes I have a hard time coming up with ideas for them but today's card makes the perfect birthday card for a teen or pre-teen girl. You don't have to limit this one to only birthday use! Switch up the sentiment for some other occasion or just a 'howdy' card.
This card features a few retiring products and you only have until May 31, 2018 (while supplies last) to order--the flower shop stamp set, the picture perfect party designer paper, and the berry burst metallic ribbon will all be retiring. I don't want you to miss out so grab these items now before they are gone.
The new Stampin' Up catalog will release on June 1, 2018. You're gonna love it!!! If you are here in the U.S. and don't have a demonstrator contact me here and let me know you would like a complimentary catalog and I'll get one sent out to you right away.
Don't forget, when you place an order use the current host code on the store checkout screen (which is JZKDKC37 through 5/20/18). All orders using this code will be entered into a drawing for a free gift. Yay! You get a chance to win free stuff!
Handmade Birthday Card for Teen Girl Supply List
Stamp Set: Flower Shop Item 130942 and Happy Birthday Gorgeous Item 143662
Card Stock: Lemon Lime Twist Item 144245; Whisper White Item 100730; Basic Black Item 121045; Berry Burst Item 144083
Designer Paper: Picture Perfect Party Item 145559
Ink: Basic Black Item 140931; Berry Burst Item 144083
Framelits/Punches: Stitched Shapes Item 145372; Pansy Punch Item 130698
Misc: Berry Burst Metallic Edge Ribbon Item 145489; Dimensionals Item 104430; Snail Adhesive Item 104332; Rhinestone Basic Jewels Item 144220; Glue Dots Item 103683; Regular household hole punch
Handmade Birthday Card for Teen Girl Tutorial
1) Cut all papers: Lemon Lime Twist Card Base 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 Score at 4 1/4
Lemon Lime Layer 5 1/4 X 4
Basic Black 3/4 X 5 1/4
Whisper White 5 1/4 X 4 (Inside Panel)
Designer Paper 1 1/4 X 5 1/4
2) On a scrap piece of whisper white stamp two flowers in basic black ink and punch them out with the pansy punch or cut them out.
3) Cut a 2 1/2" circle from the stitched framelits and stamp the sentiment in basic black toward the top of the circle.
4) Adhere the designer paper strip to the bottom of the 5 1/4 X 4 lemon lime twist panel.
5) Cut about 7" of ribbon and using glue dots wrap it in the center of the basic black 3/4 strip and secure ends to the back of that strip.
6) Cut off the lower half of the stitched sentiment circle and adhere to the panel just above the designer paper strip. Then lay the basic black strip with the ribbon directly above the designer paper strip and covering over the bottom portion of the circle.
7) Place dimensionals on the back of each flower and place them on the panel wherever you would like. Using a regular home hole punch, punch 2 dots from a scrap piece of Berry Burst card stock and adhere to the center of each flower. Finish flower by placing a Rhinestone Jewel in the center of the flower. I also placed a rhinestone jewel on the sentiment circle.
8) On the inside card panel, stamp your sentiment in basic black and stamp a flower in the lower corner in berry burst ink.
I love the colors in this card and I have at least one niece who favors the berry burst color. What color do you think your loved one or friend would like to see in this card?
Thanks for joining me today. Until next time, have an inkredible day