A Mystery Card in the making! Try this card recipe
Hello Inkredible Friends!
A couple of weeks ago I participated in a 'mystery stamping' event. You may be wondering, 'What's a mystery stamp event?'--it's where we were told what supplies to have on hand for the card and then at the appointed time we were told what steps to take. It was tons of fun and it was really interesting to see how people interpreted some of the instructions differently.
I realize you can't totally follow along with the 'mystery' part since you can view my cards in this blog post but I love this layout and thought I would challenge each of you to try this.
Mystery Stamp Recipe
- Cut a card base out of the card stock color of your choice 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
- Cut a layer out of coordinating card stock 3 1/2 X 5
- Out of Whisper White cut (2) strips 3/4 X 3 1/2 and then you'll need a piece for scrap work as well
- Out of Basic Black cut 3 x 3
- Choose a stamp set that has flowers and leaves--it's recommended you choose a set that provides more of an outlined image that you can color in. If you have matching framelits you can cut these pieces out or you can fussy cut them by hand.
- Pick a sentiment that is no larger than 2 3/4 wide
- Black Ink
- Markers, Stampin' Blends, or colored pencils to color flowers and leaves.
- Ribbon and Bakers twine to match your card stock color
- Glue Dots
On the cut layered, randomly stamp your medium to large size floral stamp to cover the piece in black ink. Attach the layer to the center of the card base.
On the (2) Whisper White strips stamp a small floral image to cover the strip. Set aside.
On a Whisper White piece that is 2 3/4 X 2 3/4 stamp the sentiment in the center in black. Attach this sentiment panel to the black 3 x 3 piece and then attach this to the center of the card base.
On scrap Whisper White stamp two floral images and leaves, color and cut out.
Take one of the small 3/4 X 3 1/2 strips and attach it above the sentiment panel off-setting it a bit. Then, take the other small strip and attach it below the sentiment panel off-setting it in the opposite direction from the top strip.
Attach one of your flowers and leaves in the upper right corner of your sentiment panel; attach the other to the bottom left corner and place it partly behind the sentiment panel so it peaks out.
Attached ribbon and twine near the upper right flower/leaf.
I hope you had as much fun as I did with this challenge. Please share your version here on my facebook page and be sure to 'like' and 'follow' my page while you are there so you won't miss my tutorials and videos. You can also share your picture here on the blog too.