5 Minute Card for Men: Birthday or Father's Day
Hello Inkredible Friends!
Today I'm sharing a quick 5 minute card for men that can be tailored for a Birthday, Father's Day, or any occasion really. Nothing beats a handmade card and when I can share with you how to make a card quick and easy it means that even kids can make these cards!
This easy handmade card features the Wood Textures designer paper from Stampin' Up. For the complete supply list and directions scroll down this post. I also have a video tutorial for this card.
Have you had time to look at the new 2018-2019 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog yet? If you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator contact me and I will be happy to send you a free catalog.
5 Minute Card for Men: Video Tutorial
Stamp Set: Special Celebrations Item 143885; Wood Words Item 143928
Cardstock: Early Espresso Item 119686; So Saffron Item 105118; Whisper White Item 100730
Ink: Early Espresso Item 147114; So Saffron Item 147109
Designer Paper: Wood Textures Item 144177
Punch: 1" Circle Punch Item 119868
Framelit: Stitched Shapes Item 145372
Tools: Stampin Trimmer Item 126889
Snail Adhesive Item 104332
1) Cut Cardstock: Early Espresso base 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 Score 4 1/4
Cut So Saffron layer 5 1/4 X 4
Cut wood texture designer paper 2 X 4
Cut Whisper White 5 1/4 X 4 for the inside card panel
2) Adhere the designer paper strip about halfway down the So Saffron layer
3) Using the scoring blade on the trimmer (the light colored blade) turn the front of the card face down and score two lines below the designer paper strip and two above it leaving about 1/4" inch between each line.
4) Adhere the panel to the card base.
5) Stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso ink in the lower left hand panel of the So Saffron layer.
6) On a scrap piece of whisper white stamp the rooster from the Wood Words stamp set in So Saffron ink and punch out with the 1" punch. Then, out of a scrap piece of Early Espresso cut out a layering circle from the framelits. and adhere these onto the front of the card.
7) I used some retired candy dots in early espresso to finish the look of my card but if you do not have this retired item you could use Pearl embellishments (Item 144219) and color them with an Early Espresso Marker (Neutrals Pack Item 147158)
I'd love to here who you plan to make this card for. Let me know in the comments! Until next time, have an Inkredible Day!