Tie-Dye and Hearts- A quick and fun card!
Hello Inkredible Friends!
Are you in love with the tie-dye look? Today’s card is a quick and cute card that can be altered to fit many occasions; including the upcoming Valentine’s Day holiday.
This card was made using the Ribbon of Courage stamp set (Annual Catalog). The sentiment I used on this card is from the 'Sure Do Love You stamp set (Occasions Catalog). If you don't have a catalog you can view the catalogs online here. AND, Don't forget, right now there is a sale going on so for every $50 or $100 you spend you can earn free product from the Sale-A-Bration Catalog found here.
If you don't have a Stampin' Up demonstrator and would like a catalog mailed to you contact me today! Supply list and instructions on how to make this card are below:
- Ribbon of Courage Stamp set Item 143855 (clear set) or 143852 (wood set)
- Sure Do Love You Stamp set Item 145966 (clear set) or 145965 (wood set)**Used this set for the greeting.
- Soft Sky Cardstock Item 131203
- Berry Burst Cardstock Item 144243
- Whisper White Cardstock Item 100730
- Stamping Sponges Item 141337
- Inks: Berry Burst Item 144083; Tempting Turquoise Item 126952; Daffodil Delight Item 126944; VersaMark Item 102283
- Layering Ovals Framelits Item 141706
- Silver Embossing powder Item 109131
- Berry Burst Metallic Edge Ribbon Item 145489
- Embossing Buddy Item 103083
- Heat Tool Item 129053
- Snail Adhesive Item 104332 or refill only 104331
- Dimensionals Item 104430
- Mini glue dots Item 103683
- Garden Trellis Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Item 143741
Cut Berry Burst Cardstock 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 and score and 4 1/4
Cut Soft Sky cardstock 5 1/4 x 4 and emboss with the Garden Trellis embossing folder
Cut Whisper White cardstock at 5 1/4 x 3
On the Whisper White Panel cut one sponge into 4-6 smaller pieces, use one section of sponger per each color. Staring with the lightest color (Daffodil Delight) randomly sponge the ink using a circular motion and building the color to the desired shade you like. Repeat this process with Tempting Turquiose and lastly, the Berry Burst ink until you have the entire panel covered with color. Let the panel dry for a few minutes or use the heat tool to dry the ink.
Next you will want to rub the embossing buddy over the inked panel. This has a powder in it that will prevent the powder from sticking/melting in places you don't want it. Using the VersaMark stamp the hearts and flowers randomly on your panel. Then pour the silver embossing powder over the panel and shake and/or tilt the powder around on the panel until all your stamped surfaces are covered with the embossing powder. Carefully tap the back of the panel to shake off excess powder. Using the heat tool you can now heat set the embossing powder.
Adhere the embossed panel to the Soft Sky panel then add the ribbon. I used mini glue dots to adhere the ribbon to the back of the card panel. Then attach all of this to the Berry Burst card base.
Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from the Sure Do Love You stamp set in Berry Burst on a scrap piece of Whisper White and cut it out with a small oval from the layering ovals framelit set and cut a scalloped oval the next size bigger from Berry Burst and adhered those two pieces together. Then, I used dimensionals to attach over the ribbon.
While this card has a number of steps it's actually a very easy and quick card to make. Try it! Let me know if you have any questions.